POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My basement with desk : Re: My basement with desk Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:12:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My basement with desk
From: stephen parkinson
Date: 7 Apr 2004 01:13:48
Message: <40738e0c$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> I'm building a new computer wall-desk in my basement, which will hopefully
> be large enough for our 3 computers, plus 3 people.  If not, we'll probably
> have to keep one of our current desks.
>
> Anyway, one of my first POV-Ray exercises was to build a fairly decent model
> of my basement.  At the time, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, but
> it turned out fairly well anyway.
>
> Well, I thought it would be nice to get a decent idea of how my desk would
> actually look in the basement, so I put this together.  I've noticed a few
> mistakes, but since I'm not making a poster out of this, I guess I really
> don't care very much.  However, please feel free to suggest things, as I
> still have much to learn, and this is a fun little side-project.
>
> One thing I couldn't get right was the flourescent light.  It just doesn't
> seem like it's emitting light (ambient 1 + an area light source +
> radiosity).  I changed the ceiling tiles to actually look like my real
> ceiling, which I finally installed a couple months ago.  I never could get
> the carpet quite right with procedural textures.
>
> Incidentally, my real basement has a door just a few inches left of the left
> edge of the desk.
>
> (Chairs and library/books courtesy of Gilles Tran's macros.)
>
> ii

it might be a good idea to position some suitablely sized monitors
(boxes) /keyboard/mice mats, together with the areas representing arm
and elbow movement over the desktop (polygons?), also maybe cones
representing eye to monitor line
basically nothing to fancy

seems rather tight for three seats - good friends i hope :-)

stephen